In the Industrial Age, knowledge was power.
- The Industrial Age was a resource/raw materials-based economy.
- Access to knowledge was limited to those with significant means.
- Those who combined rare knowledge with raw materials and the means to shape them using advanced machinery were the alchemists of the day.
In the Information [Overload] Age, attention is power.
- The Information [Overload] Age is a knowledge/network-based economy.
- Knowledge is a click away. Information overload is a few clicks away.
- In the sea of ubiquitous knowledge, those who can command attention by delivering unique, memorable and valuable experiences around that knowledge will be the alchemists of the day.